Wednesday 10 April 2013

Peanut Chocolate Crisps

Recipe time! No bake too!

I have recently had some terrible luck with recipes I have found online. Some tasted horrible and some looked nothing like the pictures.  I was feeling very discouraged so it was time to go back to one of my tried and true faves; Peanut Chocolate Crisps!  I'm not sure where I got this recipe but I know I have changed it up from the original version I started with years ago.  Here is the recipe as it stands right now. Enjoy!


Peanut Chocolate Crisps


1/2 c. margarine
1 c. Semi-sweet chocolate chips
2/3 c. Kraft smooth peanut butter
1 bag (aprox. 40) large marshmallows
1 c. Roasted unsalted peanuts (halved)
6 c. Rice krispies cereal

Melt margarine, peanut butter and marshmallows in a pot over medium heat stirring continually.  When marshmallows are almost completely melted, add the chocolate chips and stir until they are melted.  Add the peanuts and rice krispies and stir until well blended.  Press into a greased 9x13 pan.  Let set until cool before cutting.  I suggest fairly small pieces as it is pretty rich.

If you wish you can coat them with a icing of sorts, I like using a mix of 1 c. Semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 tbsp. Peanut butter melted and spread over the top. It will remain soft enough to cut through without dripping all over.





No comments:

Post a Comment