Wednesday 17 April 2013

Check Your Batteries!

We live next door to a seemingly nice family.  I say that because they rarely leave their house and the kids don't just play outside, and the dad only leaves to go to work and come home.  I never seem to catch them when they are outside, but when after 4 days what I am certain was their smoke alarm beeping saying the battery was dying it started to drive me crazy.  I could hear it in my kitchen with the windows closed and running our super loud dishwasher!  I don't know how people can live with that constant every 30 seconds beeping!  I would lose my mind after 4 minutes, not 4 days!  Now, this is the kind of neighbor we aren't exactly friendly with, they keep to themselves and I don't want to seem like that nosy neighbor so I left well enough alone thinking the problem would eventually solve itself.  It didn't.  So, I took matters into my own hands.  I stuck this note in an envelope in their mailbox.  The next morning the beeping stopped.


This did however remind me that it is the time of year to check all my smoke alarm batteries and carbon monoxide detectors as well.  Have you checked yours?  If you don't, you might end up with this note in your mailbox too! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment