Wednesday 4 July 2012

Powdered peanut butter? Yes, have some!

So a while back I discovered PB2 powdered peanut butter made by Bell Plantation on amazon.com.  I held off ordering some because I just wasn't sure if I was willing to try it.  Well, I finally got some and I LOVE it!!  It has all the oil sucked out of it so it has 85% less fat and calories than regular peanut butter!!  First I tried it reconstituted and was pleasantly surprised at the taste and texture of it (though I used just a touch more water than they suggest on the package).  I can't even take credit for Zane's idea to try making peanut butter cookies with it but I can completely take credit for the following recipe!!



PB2 Hugs cookies
PB2 Hugs cookies





PB2 Hugs Cookies

1 c. margarine
3/4 c. white sugar
1 c. golden yellow sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
2 3/4 c. flour
1/3 c. PB2 powdered peanut butter
1 1/2 c. Hershey's mini hugs

Combine margarine, sugars, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, salt and eggs and whip up until fluffy.  Add flour, PB2 peanut butter, soda and powder and mix well.  Add mini hugs during last few seconds of mixing.  Drop by tablespoonful or cookie scoop full onto non stick baking sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.


p.s. this is what the PB2 powdered peanut butter looks like in the compressed brick
Wonder what peanutty creation will be next!! These sure turned out well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment